Join the Good HOpe Farm Team
Good Hope Farm is a small family-run dairy goat farm in the process of applying for full-licensing. The farm is located in Northern Westchester just an hour outside of New York City. We are looking for a full-time farm hand or intern interested in learning both goat and kid care, as well as all aspects of cheese making and agricultural planting and management. Responsibilities include:
• Feeding and care of goats, kids, chickens and a livestock guardian dog
• Cleaning of barns associated with animals
• Help in our informal cheese making operation
• planning, planting and harvesting fruits and vegetables for sale and
• management of wooded area and invasive plants
The right individual should be hard-working, eager to learn and must work well with others. This is a physical job – you must be able to lift 50 lbs repeatedly and spend all day on your feet in a fast-paced environment. Strict attention to detail is a must. Compensation: Own transportation is a plus, board possible depending on the candidate. You will receive a salary based upon ability, work ethic, and experience.
Please email us for more information and to tell us about your interests and qualifications. References - even if not farm-related a must and background checks will be performed prior to employment.